Sunday, November 15, 2009

#18 wikis

This concept has really captured my imagination. I have not explored Wikis before and formerly asumed Wikis were nothing but un unreliable encyclopeadia. I can see so many applications for the classroom and am excited about the possibilities. At the primary school level I can see the students' collaborative assignment tasks being enriched by the Wiki experience. Students researching and contributing different topics within an area of study, editing what other group members contribute, adding graphics and videos they have found which apply to the whole project, building an ongoing glossary and bibliography, virtual tours - the list goes on. I can' wait to get one started. I think I'll start with senior primary students preparing a virtual tour of the school for the new kinders!

No comments:

Post a Comment