Friday, September 18, 2009

# 6 Google Maps

This is a great site. I thoroughly enjoy this application. This is a very useful site for locating places.
I can see my students using this in lessons on topography as well as direction, scale etc. The satellite view is very useful. It is a wonderful tool for gaining a local knowledge of a place without being there. I prefer directions that include landmarks rather than "take the 32nd street on the left." Google Maps allows you to see the territory you may be travelling to. Buying Real Estate would be a time when Google maps would be handy. You can not only see the property you are interested in but you can also get a feel for the "look of the neighbourhood".

For directions that are easy to follow and printable I love whereis.com.au. I think I will be combining the positives of both.

No comments:

Post a Comment